Alternative Process Photography Books
While many tutorials exist online for printmaking and many people are taught in classrooms due to required
materials and facilities, there is still a lot of value in researching printmaking technique in some of these books.
If you're a beginner, try first at your local library or other book lending services to find these titles,
and if necessary, there is a follow through link to all of the books on Amazon here on the site.
- The Keepers of Light: A History and Working Guide to Early Photographic Processes, 1979
- How Prints Look: Photographs With A Commentary, 1987
- Transformational Imagemaking: Handmade Photography Since 1960, 2014
- Photography Beyond Technique: Essays from F295 on the Informed Use of Alternative and Historical Photographic Processes, 2014
General Alternative Process Technique
- Jill Enfield's Guide to Photographic Alternative Processes: Popular Historical and Contemporary Techniques, 2013
- The Book of Alternative Photographic Processes, 2015
- Photographic Possibilities: The Expressive Use of Equipment, Ideas, Materials, and Processes, 2008
- Experimental Photography: A Handbook of Techniques, 2015
- Kallitype: The Processes and the History, 2013